Every Tuesday. 8pm-9.30pm (doors close 8.20pm)
Yoga Desa, 120 N Topanga Canyon Blvd, Topanga, Ca, 90290
The last class with Kate before summer break is July 9th.
Masayo Benoist will continue teaching through the summer beginning July 16th.
Kate will return on September 10th.
The Yoga Desa class invokes night time textures and grooves. Kate and Tim invite you into a dark and bright moving crucible of evolution where we will conscientiously explore the circulation of physical, mental and emotional matter and turn that into creative material. Dedicated and novice dancers blend and find their place in the hum of the dance, in the strum of boundary, in the thrum of discovery. The 5Rhythms are a philosophy, a moving meditation and a dynamic practice rooted in the principle that if you put the psyche in motion it will heal itself. Movement is both the medicine and the metaphor, reaching across all languages and age groups to transform suffering into art, art into awareness and awareness into action. Some weeks Kate may teach alone, other weeks, Tim may teach alone, often we will teach together. We each bring other flavors to the banquet. Our styles are different but complimentary.
Due to high amounts of people being turned away at this class, pre-booking is now available. Booking is not required but it is highly recommended.
$25 a class
DOORS CLOSE AT 8.20PM
PRE-BOOKING THROUGH EVENTBRITE OR CASH AND CHECK ONLY.
Important Helpful Tips for Newcomers:
Please understand this is a practice - we recommend at least 4 classes before you will have an inkling of the scope of the map. We have "practiced" this work for 25 years and are still in the landscape of discovery. Each class is uniquely different, some days we may fly blissfully into trance states on others we may wade through the molasses of our human condition. The practice - is to embody all of it.
• Doors close 20mins after start of each class to create a safe held container.
• Pre-Payment through Eventbrite, cash and check only at Yoga Desa.
• Payment accepted with cash and check only for Soho Dance.
• No children under 13 in the classrooms or to be left unattended in the foyer.
• Newcomers are always welcome.
• Please enter the space in silence.
• No phones, shazam, or recording devices. Please turn off all notifications and ringers.
• Please wear loose comfortable clothes and layers are recommended.
• Please wear a soft shoe or barefoot - no socks on the dance floor.
• Please bring a bottle of water.
• Please refrain from wearing heavy perfumes or jewelry.
• No gum
• This is a drug and alcohol free space
• Each person is responsible for their own well-being and body during the entire class. Pace yourself.
• Please follow the instructions of the teachers as you might do with a yoga teacher.
• If you are new to this class it is natural to feel nervous. When we ask you to take partner please do and know that we are here to develop boundary skills as much as freedom skills. Take your own authority as to what feels appropriate with each partner.
•This is a deep, transformational class. On leaving, please be sure to have fully returned to your body before driving.