Come and dance 5Rhythms Waves.
Covid Compliant indoor dancing. A time to find each other and the connection between our bodies, our dance and space. A time to come out of our interior space and explore physical presence in dance.
Social distancing is vital, so we have a new, much larger venue to allow for plenty of space for a safe dance for all. We are now dancing at the City Academy. The main atrium is a very large and beautiful space. The floor and all fittings will be cleaned before the dance. There will be no other group in the building.Sanitiser is available on the door. Please bring your own water bottle. Please observe social distancing of 2m throughout the dance. The very large amount of space available makes this simple. Any questions - please ask. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 30.
We dance the rhythms of flowing, staccato, chaos, lyrical and stillness. This creates a wave, an energetic pattern that brings deep vitality and the potential of healing and transformation to us as individuals and as a group.
Find a moving path through all life's ups and downs with one small step, one foot, one breath - continue and repeat. Step into the dance, it's a joy and playful.
THERE WILL BE NO ENTRY ON THE DOOR, PREBOOKED ONLY.
Due to COVID019 requirements, reluctantly there is a price increase.
£15 Standard, £13 Low wage, concessions, young people U14.
Arrive promptly to begin at 7.30 .
Entrance is from Bluebell Road. There is a large car park. Enter via the main entrance and the Atrium is straight ahead of you.
Come if you yearn to dance yet never dared. Come if you can't stop dancing. This class is for your inner self that craves to express your truth, your yearning, your body. For your outer self that seeks companionship, friendship and to be seen. Welcome.
Dance in barefoot freedom or soft soled dance shoes. Get in touch if you have any questions. Let your unique being bring you to the dance floor. Join us! Love Mary
Here are our COVID-19 guidelines for this dance
Self care and mutual respect is our way. This will help us all to relax and enjoy the dance, naturally dancing with distance which will be encouraged by the teaching. This will be a socially distanced dance.
1. Please arrive promptly and stay for the whole session. Come straight in the main door, the atrium is straight ahead of you. Use the sanitiser provided.
2. Mary will check you in from her music desk. Do not approach her. If need arises Paul will help - signal to him from 2m distance with a friendly wave and follow him to a useful corner to communicate. Ask questions before the day. There will be no check in at the door to allow for quick entry.
2. Bring the minimum of possessions, preferably only your water bottle and a layer inside the atrium, unless essential for you.
3. Leave possessions to the left and right to the back of the hall. Your water bottle and anything else needs to be 2 metres away from any other.
4. There are three unisex toilets in the hall, to the left when you come in. Use a one in and one out method
5. After the dance leave promptly. If you wish to talk to another dancer please exit the atrium to the car park and move well away from the doors to talk. There is plenty of room for this.
6. All tickets are pre booked there is no entry on the door.
7. The maximum number of dancers is 30, the hall is extremely large and can easily accommodate this number with social distancing.
8. Do not come to the dance if you are symptomatic or have been in contact with anyone who is. You will receive a full refund.
Get in touch for other reasons you can't come, I can often transfer the ticket to another dance.