DANCING IN THE WINDS OF CHANGE, 5Rthythms, weekly, online, waves class, Fridays 7-8.30pm
‘ Open your hands if you want to be held ‘ Rumi
What are your foundations ? What holds you ? How do you hold yourself ? How do you allow others to hold you ? How do you hold others ?
An invitation to experience and explore your relationship with support, being supported, supporting and whatever else shows up in your dance.
By giving the body permission & space to move freely through each of the 5Rthythms, using the intuition and spontaneity held in your feet, knees, hips, spine & shoulders, elbows, arms & hands, neck & head and breath as resources you can ignite, give shape to and inspire your dance and dialogue with whatever is present.
There are no steps to follow and everyone is welcome as they are, YOU ARE YOUR CHOREOGRAPHY. You will be guided by the music which follows a structure of changing rhythm and supported by my teaching and spaceholding to connect, listen to and allow your body to move freely, in its unique rhythm at its own pace. All you need is a willingness to move and bring your presence and dance as everyone contributes their unique energy and expression to the group. The weekly themes are invitations for dancers who wish to explore different perspectives of their movement and my teaching style is permissive and open so you do not have to focus on the theme to participate in a class. I curate the music live to guide and complement the theme and also support any other intentions that dancers may have.
Online gives you the freedom to join other dancers from your home, patio, garden, local park, favourite spot or wherever you feel relaxed with no travelling, low cost and wearing whatever you feel comfortable in. Looking forward to seeing you on the dance floor. Warmest Lucy
WHAT YOU COULD EXPERIENCE‘Just did my very first on-line 5 Rhythms Class with Lucy last night. If you have never danced before - this a great way in, particularly if you are self-conscious or someone that compares yourself. The online space really gives you that chance to come back home to yourself without getting hooked into what others are doing. Equally, it is not like dancing on your own and the sense of being part of a group holds space for your dance and brings you into community. Lucy is a fantastic teacher whose enthusiasm is infectious and her dedication to the practice creates a really nourishing, heart-centred space. Give it it a go - you really do have nothing to lose!’
WHAT ARE THE 5RHYTHMS
• It takes courage to try something new or dance with a new teacher and we all began once.
• My sound output is studio quality as I DJ tracks live through Traktor. You will hear the music and my teaching through your audio or sound system. The quality of your sound will depend on what system you are using. Speakers are best, but you can use headphones or earpods which will give you a better audio than a laptop, ipad or phone.
• From a teaching perspective it is a really powerful experience for me. I feel connected to everyone and profoundly moved by their dances and how this platform dissolves borders and creates new threads of connection and expression. I witness strong bonds and connection during the classes and participants dance on their own and with each other, giving and receiving, it is beautiful.
• Register in advance for this meeting in YOUR NAME on ZOOM ONLY https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/upYuc-qoqjstHNUMM6yeAzNDkfiDwbyuNS5S
• Pay in advance via paypal https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/5RhythmsLucyHowgego or FTP (email me for details) - £5 per class or £20/calendar month for unlimited classes per person/family/household. Free for NHS, hospice, emergency services, frontline employees and anyone on benefits. I appreciate it is a very difficult time and I won’t turn anyone away so if you are unable to pay, contact me by email before the class.
• Once you have registered & paid, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link & password for the class as well as all the technical and practical information you will need.
• You will need access to the internet by pc, laptop, ipad or phone
GROUP COMMITMENTS TO CREATE A SAFE CONTAINER
• Please make sure that your floor is clear with no trip hazards. I cannot take responsibility for any injuries sustained as a result of participating in this class.
• Everyone commits to confidentiality so that what is shared in the group stays within the group
• Everyone commits not to record the session or post any footage on social media
• I will ask the group to commit to this before we start
• You need to set-up a free, Zoom account here - https://zoom.us/download. I will not be able to offer technical support during the class so it is really important that before you arrive you have downloaded zoom and taken some time to familiarize yourselves with it as everyone’s set-up will be different.
• It isn’t complicated, here is a link to an introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/vFhAEoCF7jg. You need to know how to turn your audio and video on and off, put your device on gallery view, make sure your name is showing correctly and open the chat box. I will run through these briefly before we start but there will not be time to troubleshoot.
• Chose a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group. Make sure there are no trip hazards. You may want to light a candle or create a small installation of objects that have meaning for you to acknowledge this time that you are taking for yourself. I create an installation for each class to hold my intention and service to the group.
COMING TO THE CLASS
• You log into the class using the link you will be sent and arrive in a waiting room and I will open the door into the virtual space. Your audio will be muted when you arrive and during the class to avoid noise distortion. There will be a opportunities to speak at the beginning and the end of the class if you want and I will turn the audios on for this
• Everyone in the class appears in a window (you can turn off your video if you do not want anyone to see you) within a gallery view on their screen, except those on phones, and can see, talk and send messages to each other.
• You hear the music and my teaching through your audio or sound system. The quality of the sound will depend on what system you are using, speakers are best, but you can use headphones or earpods which will give you a better audio than a laptop, ipad or phone.
• 6.30pm warm-up music starts and doors open
• 7.00pm class starts & registration closes
• 7.10pm doors close
• 8.30pm music ends & we will briefly gather together to close
• Afterwards optional sharing over a cup of tea
‘If you don't dance your dance, who will? ‘Gabrielle Roth
If you message me your email I can send you my weekly newsletter with information on my classes and workshops. I look forward to dancing with you. warmest Lucy
• Facebook : 5RhythmswithLucyHowgegoinMiltonKeynes
• Instagram : 5RthythmswithlucyhowgegoinMK
This class is offered as part of the requirements for completing the 5Rhythms Teacher training Program. Lucy is currently participating in the training path the become a certified 5Rhythms teacher. This class supports the trainee’s growth and development as a 5Rhythms teacher.