A fun & nourishing time for families to explore movement, play, art, music and storytelling together from the comfort of their homes. An inclusive, safe, facilitated class for the whole family to participate ; grandparents, parents, and children of all ages and abilities - under 16’s must be supervised by an adult in the home space.
During this indefinite ‘PAUSE’ where being together and socialising between relatives is restricted by ‘physical distancing’ and ‘self-isolation’ this is an opportunity for families to explore new ways of connecting, communicating and being with each other, their relatives and other families so they do not get stuck in overwhelm, boredom, withdrawal, isolation and feel disconnected from each other.
Every child is amazing in their own unique way and actively involving the family in supporting and developing their creativity and imagination is inclusive and empowering for everyone. The emphasis is on discovery, learning, empowerment and enjoyment. Parents play a vital role in their children’s development and through movement, play, art, music and storytelling we will be creative together in a mutually respectful and supportive way to support the development of enquiry, imagination, language and new skills.
Lucy Howgego has facilitated award winning, collaborative projects with primary school children recognised for the significant impact on the pupils’ learning, developing their public speaking, literacy, listening, reading, creative, teamwork and confidence building skills. When the children were asked what they have learned from these projects, the overwhelming response has been self- awareness, confidence, learning new skills and developing an enjoyment of public speaking and leadership. Lucy Howgego holds an enhanced DBS certificate for child workforce, child entertainer, child SRVCS.
• My sound output is studio quality as I DJ live through Traktor. You will hear the music and my teaching through your audio or sound system. The quality of your sound will depend on what system you are using. Speakers are best, but you can use headphones or earpods which will give you a better audio than a laptop, ipad or phone.
DANCE THE 5RYTHMS IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
• From a teaching perspective it is a really powerful experience for me. I feel connected to everyone and profoundly moved by their dances and how this platform dissolves borders and creates new threads of connection and expression. I witness strong bonds and connection during the classes and participants dance on their own and with each other, giving and receiving, it is beautiful.
• If you are INTERESTED or have any QUESTIONS, email me at email@example.com and I can send you more information.
• Register in advance for this meeting in YOUR NAME on ZOOM ONLY https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84874802810
• Pay in advance via paypal https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/5RhythmsLucyHowgego or FTP (email me for details) - £5 per family per class or £20 for 6 classes. Free for families of NHS, hospice and emergency services employees and anyone on benefits. I appreciate it is a very difficult time and I won’t turn anyone away so if you are unable to pay, contact me by email before the class.
• Once you have registered & paid, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link & password for the class as well as all the technical and practical information you will need.
• You will need access to the internet by pc, laptop, ipad or phone
GROUP COMMITMENTS TO CREATE A SAFE CONTAINER
• Please make sure that your floor is clear with no trip hazards. I cannot take responsibility for any injuries sustained as a result of participating in this class.
• Everyone commits to confidentiality so that what is shared in the group stays within the group
• Everyone commits not to record the session or post any footage on social media
• I will ask the group to commit to this before we start
• You need to set-up a free, Zoom account here - https://zoom.us/download. I will not be able to offer technical support during the class so it is really important that before you arrive you have downloaded zoom and taken some time to familiarize yourselves with it as everyone’s set-up will be different.
• It isn’t complicated, here is a link to an introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/vFhAEoCF7jg. You need to know how to turn your audio and video on and off, put your device on gallery view, make sure your name is showing correctly and open the chat box. I will run through these briefly before we start but there will not be time to troubleshoot.
• Chose a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group. Make sure there are no trip hazards. You may want to light a candle or create a small installation of objects that have meaning for you to acknowledge this time that you are taking for yourself. I create an installation for each class to hold my intention and service to the group.
COMING TO THE CLASS
• You log into the class using the link you will be sent and arrive in a waiting room and I will open the door letting you into the virtual space.
• When you arrive make sure you are using GALLERY VIEW (does not work on phones) so you can see everyone as each participant appears in a small window. Make sure your name is correct, you can change this by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right of your window.
• Please leave your video on so everyone in the group can see and dance with each other if they want to which creates connection & holds the group energy. If you do not want to see yourself you can put a post-it pad over your picture. If you do not want to be seen by others and this is going to prevent you from moving as you are in the moment you can turn your video off and I would like to invite you to use this time as an opportunity to dance with the part of you that does not want to be seen if you are able to. If you need any support around this get in touch with me before the class.
• Your audio will be muted when you arrive and during the class to avoid noise distortion. There will be opportunities to speak at the beginning and the end of the class if you want and I will turn the audios on for this. At any other time you can use the CHAT feature which is the bottom toolbar and if you click on the 3 dots in someone’s window you can send them a private message.
• 11.15am warm-up music starts and doors open, opportunity to chat and get to know the other families
• 11.30am class starts & registration closes
• 11.40am doors close
• 12.30am we will briefly gather together to close
• Afterwards optional sharing over a cup of tea
‘If you don't dance your dance, who will? ‘Gabrielle Roth
If you message me your email I can send you my weekly newsletter with information on my classes and workshops. I look forward to dancing with you. warmest Lucy
• Facebook : 5RhythmswithLucyHowgegoinMiltonKeynes
• Instagram : 5RthythmswithlucyhowgegoinMK
This class is offered as part of the requirements for completing the 5Rhythms Teacher training Program. Lucy is currently participating in the training path the become a certified 5Rhythms teacher. This class supports the trainee’s growth and development as a 5Rhythms teacher.