Dancing Dates 2023 /24
Saturday March 9th - Gradual Warmth
Saturday April 13th - Harmonious Cycles
Saturday May 11th - Sky Vitality
Saturday June 15th - Height of Sun
Saturday July 27th - Gentle Energy
Guidelines for Practice and Notes on the Venue
1. This is a barefoot yoga studio. Please leave your footwear downstairs with all your belongings. Take only your water bottle upstairs into the studio. If your feet need protection wear pilates grip socks which do not slip.
2. Arrive at 7.15 to start on time at 7.30pm. The door is locked at 7.40pm. Entrance is pre-booked only. Stay for the entire 2 hour session, as this is dance meditation and we go through two waves and a process together. We gather in circle to bring the evening to completion at 9.30pm.
3. Give your attention to your body and stay in movement, suited to your body. The 5Rhythms dance is unvoiced. There is spoken guidance from Mary
4. There is parking on Queens Road open air car park. There is a flat fee of £2.50 after 6.30pm. There is no parking at the venue. It is 2 minutes walk from this car park. The venue is under a 20 minute walk from the rail station and is 2 minutes walk from the bus station.
5. Regrettably it is not possible to bring bicycles into the venue. Space is limited and it is a hygiene rated cafe. There are bike racks to one side of the Yoga Tree.
6. Exit via the back, fire door. Close it behind you.
7 The floor is wooden and soft, the room is warm.
8. Be space aware. Place your water bottle on the window sill to keep the floor space clear for dancing. If you lie or sit down as part of your dance, please do so at the edge of the room, as this is a cosier space.
9. About the building. As part of the All Saints Green development, Alumno carefully renovated this Grade II listed 19th century former stable and coach house, and brought it back into public use as a yoga studio. The building was transformed into one of England’s first dance schools in 1952, but closed in the 1970s. Today it is a much loved yoga studio with a beautiful atmosphere.