New Year’s Eve, Intergenerational, Wheel of Life Family Dance – inviting each generation to share their dance, inspire and move the others
A fun & nourishing time for families to explore movement, play, art, music and storytelling together from the comfort of their homes. An inclusive, safe, facilitated class for the whole family to participate ; grandparents, parents, children and babies of all ages and abilities - under 16’s must be supervised by an adult in the home space. Participants will explore dance and creative movement and interaction with their family groups and the other families so that children and adults will have the opportunity to lead, follow and learn from and play with each other. There may be an opportunity to draw / paint and also we will create a story. As with my other classes this is about being present to who and what shows up so there will be some improvisation and each class will be different.
Each family member is amazing in their own unique way and actively involving the whole family in supporting and developing individual creativity and imagination is inclusive and empowering for everyone. The emphasis is on discovery, learning, empowerment and enjoyment. Parents & grandparents play a vital role in their children’s development and through movement, play, art, music and storytelling we will be creative together in a mutually respectful and supportive way to support the development of enquiry, imagination, language and new skills.
Children are great teachers of the art of play which is important for developing thoughts, feelings, actions, communication, imagination and self-confidence. As adults we can learn how to reconnect with the art of play from children, allowing ourselves to respond to and enjoy each moment with spontaneous, light, free movement, expression and amusement. Children are born with and see the world through a lens of wonder and excitement. This is an opportunity for parents and grandparents to reconnect with ‘being childlike’, letting go of being serious, their roles and rediscovering, through curiosity, a sense of wonder too.
WHAT ARE THE 5RHYTHMS
• 5Rhythms is a simple and flexible movement practice which can be experienced by anyone regardless of culture, gender, age, shape, experience, fitness and physical limitations.
• There are no steps to follow and everyone is welcome as they are, YOU ARE THE CHOREOGRAPHY.
• You will be guided by the music and supported by my teaching.
• All you need is a willingness to participate and dance as everyone contributes their unique energy and expression to the group.
• It takes courage to try something new and we all began once.
• I have no restrictions on the music I play as I hold a valid PRS Online Music Licence.
• My sound output is studio quality as I DJ live through Traktor. You will hear the music and my teaching through your audio or sound system. The quality of your sound will depend on what system you are using. Speakers are best, but you can use headphones or earpods which will give you a better audio than a laptop, ipad or phone.
DANCE THE 5RYTHMS IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
• The zoom platform transmits from my home to yours. You can create a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance as a family together with the rest of the group so, if you have been considering dancing and felt too shy or self-conscious, this might be a safe place to start. For most of us, online offers a new ways of connecting and socialising within the constraints of ‘physical distancing’ as we move, explore our edges, release, heal, have fun and play together.
Lucy Howgego has facilitated award winning, collaborative projects with primary school children recognised for the significant impact on the pupils’ learning, developing their public speaking, literacy, listening, reading, creative, teamwork and confidence building skills. When the children were asked what they have learned from these projects, the overwhelming response has been self- awareness, confidence, learning new skills and developing an enjoyment of public speaking and leadership. Lucy Howgego holds an enhanced DBS certificate for child workforce, child entertainer, child SRVCS.
Register in ADVANCE - https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/upYuc-qoqjstHNUMM6yeAzNDkfiDwbyuNS5S
• Pay in advance - £5 per family to be donated to shelter. I appreciate it is a very difficult time and I won’t turn anyone away so if you are unable to pay, contact me by email before the class.
• Once you have registered & paid, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link & password for the class as well as all the technical and practical information you will need.
• You will need access to the internet by pc, laptop, ipad or phone
GROUP COMMITMENTS TO CREATE A SAFE CONTAINER
• Please make sure that your floor is clear with no trip hazards. I cannot take responsibility for any injuries sustained as a result of participating in this class.
• Everyone commits to confidentiality so that what is shared in the group stays within the group
• Everyone commits not to record the session or post any footage on social media
• I will ask the group to commit to this before we start
• Chose a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group. Make sure there are no trip hazards.
COMING TO THE CLASS
• You log into the class using the link you will be sent and arrive in a waiting room and I will open the door letting you into the virtual space.
• When you arrive make sure you are using GALLERY VIEW (does not work on phones) so you can see everyone as each participant appears in a small window. Make sure your name is correct, you can change this by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right of your window.
• Please leave your video on so everyone in the group can see and dance with each other if they want to which creates connection & holds the group energy.
• Your audio will be muted when you arrive and during the class to avoid noise distortion. There will be opportunities to speak at the beginning and the end of the class if you want and I will turn the audios on for this. At any other time you can use the CHAT feature which is the bottom toolbar and if you click on the 3 dots in someone’s window you can send them a private message.
• 17.00pm warm-up music and video starts and doors open, opportunity to chat and get to know the other families
• 17.15pm class starts & registration closes
• 18.30pm we will briefly gather together to close
If you message me your email I can send you my weekly newsletter with information on my classes and workshops. I look forward to dancing with you. warmest Lucy
• Facebook : 5RhythmswithLucyHowgegoinMiltonKeynes
• Instagram : 5RthythmswithlucyhowgegoinMK