5RHYTHMS ONLINE – weekly waves class Fridays 7-8.30pmWHAT IF : The Possibility in You - friday 8th october
‘The fastest, cleanest, most joyful way to break out of your own box is by dancing. I'm not talking about doing the stand-and-sway. I'm talking about dancing so deep, so hard, so full of the beat that you are nothing but the dance and the beat and the sweat and the heat. Your soul is a seeker, lover and artist; shape-shifting through archetypal energy, between your darkness and fields of light, your body and spirit, your heaven and hell, until you land in the moment of sweet surrender; when you, as a dancer, disappear into the dance. When I am dancing, it feels like my prayer. It's like an offering. I offer my head back to the dance, I offer my shoulders back to the dance, my elbows, my hands, my spine, my knees, my feet, my whole self, my bones, my blood, my experience, my suffering... I offer it all back to the dance and I say: take it, do whatever you want with me. Release me.~ Gabrielle Roth
There are no steps to follow and everyone is welcome as they are, YOU ARE THE CHOREOGRAPHY. You will be guided by the music which follows a structure of changing rhythm and supported by my teaching and spaceholding to connect, listen to and allow your body to move freely, in its unique rhythm at its own pace. All you need is a willingness to move and bring your presence and dance as everyone contributes their unique energy and expression to the group. The weekly themes are invitations for dancers who wish to explore different perspectives of their movement and my teaching style is permissive and open so you do not have to focus on the theme to participate in a class. I curate the music live to guide and complement the theme and also support any other intentions that dancers may have.
DANCE THE 5RYTHMS IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
• During this ‘PAUSE’ where socialising is restricted by ‘physical distancing’ and ‘self-isolation’, we can maintain balanced health and wellbeing by exploring new ways of connecting online and expressing ourselves through movement so that we do not get stuck in isolation, withdrawal, contraction, depression and cut ourselves-off from others and the bigger picture.
• The zoom platform transmits from my home to yours. You can create a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group so, if you have been considering dancing the 5R’s and felt too shy or self-conscious, this might be a safe place to start. For most of us, dancing online offers a new ways of connecting and socialising within the constraints of ‘physical distancing’ as we move, explore our edges, release, heal, have fun and play together.
• I have personally found dancing in online 5Rhythms classes to be a powerful, connecting experience where I can be totally authentic, let go and let my body move however it wants to and be with friends and like-minded people.
• From a teaching perspective it is a really powerful experience for me. I feel connected to everyone and profoundly moved by their dances and how this platform dissolves borders and creates new threads of connection and expression. I witness strong bonds and connection during the classes and participants dance on their own and with each other, giving and receiving, it is beautiful.
PRE-CLASS PREPARATIONChose a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group. Make sure there are no trip hazards. You may want to light a candle or create a small installation of objects that have meaning for you to acknowledge this time that you are taking for yourself. I create an installation for each class to hold my intention and service to the group.
• Your audio will be muted when you arrive and during the class to avoid noise distortion. There will be opportunities to speak at the beginning and the end of the class if you want and I will turn the audios on for this. At any other time you can use the CHAT feature which is the bottom toolbar and if you click on the 3 dots in someone’s window you can send them a private message.
• Facebook : 5RhythmswithLucyHowgegoinMiltonKeynes
• Instagram : 5RthythmswithlucyhowgegoinMK