ONLINE - abunDANCE celebrating the dancer in you on International Dance Day with
Next Class: 29 Apr 2022 18:00 - 19:00
Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom Show map
Organizer: Lucy Howgego
I am offering this dance to share my love of dancing the 5Rhythms with you on International Dance Day. There is a dancer within each one of us and this dance is free of charge reflecting this and the freedom that dance gives me. So if you are tempted or curious come and join us and bring family, friends, your community with you too.
There are no steps to follow and everyone is welcome as they are, YOU ARE THE CHOREOGRAPHY.
You will be guided by the music which follows a structure of changing rhythm to connect, listen to and allow your body to move freely, in its unique rhythm at its own pace.
All you need is a willingness to move and bring your presence and dance as everyone contributes their unique energy and expression to the dance.
Online gives you the freedom to join other dancers from your home, patio, garden, local park, favourite spot or wherever you feel relaxed with no travelling, low cost and wearing whatever you feel comfortable in.
Looking forward to celebrating DANCE with you. Warmest Lucy
‘ If you don't dance your dance, who will ?....... The five rhythms are a map to everywhere you want to go…they are markers on the way back to a real self, a vulnerable, passionate, instinctive self ... ‘ Gabrielle Roth, founder of the 5Rhythms
WHAT ARE THE 5RHYTHMS
• 5Rhythms is an inclusive practice with many layers of depth and the beauty is that people come and dance together for many different reasons – for fun, wellbeing, connection, letting go, freeing the mind, exploring creativity, self-awareness, acceptance, personal growth or healing.
• 5Rhythms is a simple and flexible movement practice which can be experienced by anyone regardless of culture, gender, age, shape, experience, fitness and physical limitations
• The most important thing is to take your time, find your way into your dance, don’t push yourself and rest if and when you need to.
• It takes courage to try something new or dance with a new teacher and we all began once.
WEEKLY THEMES & MUSIC
• I have no restrictions on the music I play as I hold a valid PRS Online Music Licence.
• My sound output is studio quality as I DJ live through Traktor. You will hear the music and my teaching through your audio or sound system. The quality of your sound will depend on what system you are using. Speakers are best, but you can use headphones or earpods which will give you a better audio than a laptop, ipad or phone.
DANCE THE 5RYTHMS IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
• During this time where socialising is restricted by ‘physical distancing’ and ‘self-isolation’, we can maintain balanced health and wellbeing by exploring new ways of connecting online and expressing ourselves through movement so that we do not get stuck in isolation, withdrawal, contraction, depression and cut ourselves-off from others and the bigger picture.
• The zoom platform transmits from my home to yours. You can create a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group so, if you have been considering dancing the 5R’s and felt too shy or self-conscious, this might be a safe place to start. Dancing online offers a new ways of connecting and socialising within the constraints of ‘physical distancing’ as we move, explore our edges, release, heal, have fun and play together.
• Register in advance for this dance in YOUR NAME on ZOOM ONLY https://us02web.zoom.us/.../tZYscu...
• Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link & password for the class as well as all the technical and practical information you will need.
•5.45pm warm-up music starts and doors open
• 6.00pm dance starts & registration closes
• 6.10pm doors close
• 7.00pm music ends & we will briefly gather together to close
• Facebook : 5RhythmswithLucyHowgegoinMiltonKeynes
• Instagram : 5RthythmswithlucyhowgegoinMK
Lucy Howgego is currently participating in the training path to become a certified 5Rhythms teacher.
CLASS LEVEL DETAILS
I am currently participating in the training path to become a certified 5Rhythms teacher.