We'll meet in our "Zoom Room" which will be open at 12:45pm so we can set up our spaces in stillness, and stretch out a bit before we move through our practice of Gabrielle Roth's 5Rhythms. There will be plenty of time to settle in, breathe, and really drop into your experience, but please be on time! After a certain point I won't be monitoring the "waiting room" so much, so be sure to join before we really drop in deep.
An online class is different from doing one at a studio. You'll be dancing on your own, in your own space, with your own distractions. I would like to offer these suggestions!
1. Set your space, make it as comfy as possible with enough room to move around
2. Find a way to create "sacred space" for yourself. Perhaps create some kind of altar, or visual that reminds you of that bigger part of yourself. Even just lighting a candle can be enough, but I encourage you to tap into your creative spark for this. What does it mean to create sacred space for yourself?
3. Sound! The sound will be much better if you use an external speaker, or bluetooth earbuds that you can move with comfortably. The internal speakers on your computer are ok, but will likely leave you wanting more.
4. Make sure you have the Zoom app up and running before the class time. I would hate for technology to get in the way of this experience for you.
5. Set your device up so that you can be seen well on the screen! It helps if I can see your feet, and also if you go down to dance on the floor.
6. Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in, and have water handy.
7. Everyone's mic will be muted during the class. We'll circle up at the end, and I will unmute everyone at that point, so we can preserve the stillness vibe at the end of class.
8. Once in the meeting room, go into "Gallery View" by hitting the button in the top right corner of the window. This way you'll be able to see everyone in the room at once.
I'm doing this class once again on a "donation" basis. No set cost, but please feel free to offer a contribution for the class. My PayPal is firstname.lastname@example.org, and Venmo is @MarkBonder. No pressure, but every little bit certainly does help!
I'm looking forward to spending some more time in "virtual space" with you. The link follows, below. See you there!!