"In chaos we are rearranged,...chaos teaches us how to let go, how to move in the unknown." Gabrielle Roth
An invitation to pause….allow your fluidity (flowing) and focus (staccato) to fuse into chaos, let go and empty the mind. Can you relinquish control, stay grounded, respond to the moment and not lose yourself in or identify with CHAOS ? Where do you find freedom inside yourself when surrounded by the chaos of lockdown and the pandemic ? Do you see CHAOS as a source of creativity and allow disorder, fluctuations, disturbances, imbalances, unpredictability and letting go of control to create space for discovery, innovation and invention ? An invitation to dance with these aspects of CHAOS and more; grounding and releasing the spine and head.
Part of a 6 week embodiment series exploring each of the 5Rhythms in depth. It will be beneficial to attend all sessions but it is not necessary. However you will be drawn to some rhythms more than others and it may be insightful to notice if tension or resistance to one or more rhythms appears…accept it…and bring it with you.
10 January – FEET FIRST – fluidity, following, grounding and receiving (flowing)
17 January – THE MOOD IN YOUR HIPS – extending and meeting from your center with clarity and direction (staccato)
24 January – THE SPINE IS THE LIFELINE - the gateway to the intuitive mind and creativity (chaos)
31 January – EXTENDING YOUR ARM DOESN'T STOP AT THE END OF YOUR FINGERS - let go of being the mover and allow yourself to be moved (lyrical)
7 February – BREATHING IS YOUR ANCHOR – embracing the mystery that is you (stillness)
14 February - ‘Wholeness is not achieved by cutting off a portion of one’s being, but by integration of the contraries’. Carl Jung (wholeness)
By giving the body permission & space to move freely with your desire through each of the 5Rthythms, using the intuition and spontaneity held in your feet, knees, hips, spine & shoulders, elbows, arms & hands, neck & head and breath as resources you can ignite, give shape to and inspire your dance.
There are no steps to follow and everyone is welcome as they are, YOU ARE YOUR CHOREOGRAPHY. You will be guided by the music which follows a structure of changing rhythm and supported by my teaching and spaceholding to connect, listen to and allow your body to move freely, in its unique rhythm at its own pace. All you need is a willingness to move and bring your presence and dance as everyone contributes their unique energy and expression to the group. The weekly themes are invitations for dancers who wish to explore different perspectives of their movement and my teaching style is permissive and open so you do not have to focus on the theme to participate in a class. I curate the music live to guide and complement the theme and also support any other intentions that dancers may have.
The Sunday class has a different energy to Friday night as we start in meditation (either sitting or walking) and move into the dance from here and return into mediation at the end. Personally I find the experience of moving from meditation into dance and vice versa fluid and natural leading me into soft, rich, deep embodiment in my dance.
Online gives you the freedom to join other dancers from your home, patio, garden, local park, favourite spot or wherever you feel relaxed with no travelling, low cost and wearing whatever you feel comfortable in. Looking forward to seeing you on the dance floor. Warmest Lucy
WHAT ARE THE 5RHYTHMS• 5Rhythms is an inclusive practice with many layers of depth and the beauty is that people come and dance together for many different reasons – for fun, wellbeing, connection, letting go, freeing the mind, exploring creativity, self-awareness, acceptance, personal growth or healing.
WEEKLY THEMES & MUSIC
• From a teaching perspective it is a really powerful experience for me. I feel connected to everyone and profoundly moved by their dances and how this platform dissolves borders and creates new threads of connection and expression. I witness strong bonds and connection during the classes and participants dance on their own and with each other, giving and receiving, it is beautiful.
• Register in advance for this meeting in YOUR NAME on ZOOM ONLY https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/upclduGupzovGNf7szi2A4TJld1Jtjncx4ez
• Pay in advance via paypal paypal.me/5RhythmsLucyHowgego or FTP (email me for details) - £5 per class or £20/calendar month for unlimited classes per person/family/household.
• Once you have registered & paid, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link & password for the class as well as all the technical and practical information you will need.
• You will need access to the internet by pc, laptop, ipad or phone
GROUP COMMITMENTS TO CREATE A SAFE CONTAINER
• Please make sure that your floor is clear with no trip hazards. I cannot take responsibility for any injuries sustained as a result of participating in this class.
• Everyone commits to confidentiality so that what is shared in the group stays within the group
• Everyone commits not to record the session or post any footage on social media
• I will ask the group to commit to this before we start
Chose a comfortable, safe space inside or in the garden to dance by yourself or as a family together with the rest of the group. Make sure there are no trip hazards. You may want to light a candle or create a small installation of objects that have meaning for you to acknowledge this time that you are taking for yourself. I create an installation for each class to hold my intention and service to the group.
COMING TO THE CLASS
• You log into the class using the link you will be sent and arrive in a waiting room and I will open the door into the virtual space. Your audio will be muted when you arrive and during the class to avoid noise distortion. There will be a opportunities to speak at the beginning and the end of the class if you want and I will turn the audios on for this
• Everyone in the class appears in a window (you can turn off your video if you do not want anyone to see you) within a gallery view on their screen, except those on phones, and can see, talk and send messages to each other.
• You hear the music and my teaching through your audio or sound system. The quality of the sound will depend on what system you are using, speakers are best, but you can use headphones or earpods which will give you a better audio than a laptop, ipad or phone.
• 09.30am warm-up music starts and doors open
• 09.45am meditation starts and doors close
• 10.00am we start the 5Rhythms cycle (wave)
• 10.45am closing meditation
• 11.00am closing circle
‘If you don't dance your dance, who will? ‘Gabrielle Roth
If you message me your email I can send you my weekly newsletter with information on my classes and workshops. I look forward to dancing with you. warmest Lucy
• Facebook : 5RhythmswithLucyHowgegoinMiltonKeynes
• Instagram : 5RthythmswithlucyhowgegoinMK
This class is offered as part of the requirements for completing the 5Rhythms Teacher training Program. Lucy is currently participating in the training path the become a certified 5Rhythms teacher. This class supports the trainee’s growth and development as a 5Rhythms teacher.